Associate Professor of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Office: (852) 3505 1559
Address: Dept of Orthopaedics & Traumatology, 5/F, Lui Che Woo Clinical Sciences Building, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
- Tissue Culture
- Bone Densitometry
Specialized Research Areas
- Osteoporotic Fracture Healing and Sarcopenia
- Mechanical Stimulation
- Biophysical Intervention
- Wong RMY, Choy MHV, Chim YN, Li MC, Wang J, Leung KS, Cheng JCY, Alt V, Chow SKH, Cheung WH*. “A metaphyseal fracture rat model for mechanistic studies of osteoporotic bone healing.” Eur Cell Mater, 2019; 37:420-30.
- Wong RMY, Wong H, Zhang N, Chow SKH, Chau WW, Wang J, Chim YN, Leung KS, Cheung WH*. “The relationship between sarcopenia and fragility fracture – a systematic review.” Osteoporos Int, 2019; 30(3):541-53.
- Wang J, Leung KS, Chow SK, Cheung WH*. “The effect of whole body vibration on fracture healing – A systematic review.” Eur Cell Mater, 2017; 34:108-27.
- Zhang N, Chow SK, Leung KS, Lee HH, Cheung WH*. “An animal model of co-existing sarcopenia and osteoporotic fracture in senescence accelerated mouse prone 8 (SAMP8).” Exp Gerontol, 2017; 97: 1-8.
- Wang J, Leung KS, Chow SK, Cheung WH*. “Inflammation and age-associated skeletal muscle deterioration (sarcopenia).” J Orthop Translat, 2017; 10: 94-101.
- Cheung WH*, Miclau T, Chow SK, Yang FF, Alt V. Fracture healing in osteoporotic bone. Injury. 47 S2: S21-6, 2016.
- Guo AY, Leung KS, Qin JH, Chow SK, Cheung WH*. “Effect of low-magnitude high-frequency vibration treatment on retardation of sarcopenia – senescence accelerated mice-P8 (SAMP8) model.” Rejuvenation Res, 2016; 19(4):293-302.
- Hung VW, Zhu TY, Cheung WH*, Fong TN, Yu FW, Hung LK, Leung KS, Cheng JC, Lam TP, Qin L. “Age-related differences in volumetric bone mineral density, microarchitecture and bone strength of distal radius and tibia in Chinese women: a high resolution pQCT reference database study.” Osteoporos Int, 2015; 26:1691-70.
- Qin JH, Chow SK, Guo AY, Wong WN, Leung KS, Cheung WH*. “Low magnitude high frequency vibration accelerated cartilage degeneration but improved epiphyseal bone formation in anterior cruciate ligament transection induced osteoarthritis rat model.” Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 2014; 27(7):1061-7.
- Leung KS, Li CY, Tse YK, Choy TK, Leung PC, Hung VWY, Chan SY, Leung AH, Cheung WH*. “Effects of 18-month low-magnitude high-frequency vibration on fall rate and fracture risks in 710 community elderly – a cluster randomized controlled trial.” Osteoporos Int, 2014; 25:1785-95.