Research Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Office: (852) 3505 3312
Address: Dept of Orthopaedics & Traumatology, 5/F, Lui Che Woo Clinical Sciences Building, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
- Animal Experimentation
- Bone Densitometry
- MicroCT in Orthopaedic Research
Specialized Research Areas
- Mechanobiology of Fracture Healing
- Sarcopenia & Muscle-bone Interaction
- Community Fall Prevention
- Clinical Application of 3D Printing
- Wei FY, Chow SK*, Leung KS, Qin J, Guo A, Yu OL, Li G, Cheung WH. “Low-magnitude high-frequency vibration enhanced mesenchymal stem cell recruitment in osteoporotic fracture healing through the SDF-1/CXCR4 pathway.” European cells & materials, 2016; 31:341-354.
- Chow SK*, Leung KS, Qin J, Guo A, Sun M, Qin L, Cheung WH. “Mechanical stimulation enhanced estrogen receptor expression and callus formation in diaphyseal long bone fracture healing in ovariectomy-induced osteoporotic rats.” Osteoporos Int, 2016.
- Guo AY, Leung KS, Siu PM, Qin JH, Chow SK*, Qin L, Li CY, Cheung WH. “Muscle mass, structural and functional investigations of senescence-accelerated mouse P8 (SAMP8).” Experimental animals / Japanese Association for Laboratory Animal Science, 2015; 64:425-433.
- Guo AY, Leung KS, Qin JH, Chow SK*, Cheung WH. “Effect of Low-Magnitude High-Frequency Vibration Treatment on Retardation of Sarcopenia – Senescence Accelerated Mice-P8 (SAMP8) Model.” Rejuvenation research, 2015.
- An Yun G, Leung KS, Siu PM, Qin JH, Chow SK*, Qin L, Li CY, Cheung WH. “Muscle mass, structural and functional investigations of senescence-accelerated mouse P8 (SAMP8).” Experimental animals / Japanese Association for Laboratory Animal Science, 2015; 64:425-433.
- Wei FY, Leung KS, Li G, Qin J, Chow SK*, Huang S, Sun MH, Qin L, Cheung WH. “Low intensity pulsed ultrasound enhanced mesenchymal stem cell recruitment through stromal derived factor-1 signaling in fracture healing.” PLoS One, 2014; 9:e106722.
- Qin J, Chow SK*, Guo A, Wong WN, Leung KS, Cheung WH. “Low magnitude high frequency vibration accelerated cartilage degeneration but improved epiphyseal bone formation in anterior cruciate ligament transect induced osteoarthritis rat model.” Osteoarthritis and cartilage / OARS, Osteoarthritis Research Society, 2014; 22:1061-1067.
- Chow SK*, Leung KS, Qin L, Wei F, Cheung WH. “Callus formation is related to the expression ratios of estrogen receptors-alpha and -beta in ovariectomy-induced osteoporotic fracture healing.” Arch Orthop Trauma Surg, 2014; 134:1405-1416.
- Sun MH, Leung KS, Zheng YP, Huang YP, Wang LK, Qin L, Leung AH, Chow SK*, Cheung WH. “Three-dimensional high frequency power Doppler ultrasonography for the assessment of microvasculature during fracture healing in a rat model.” J Orthop Res, 2012; 30:137-143.
- Chow SK*, Lee KM, Qin L, Leung KS, Cheung WH. R”estoration of longitudinal growth by bioengineered cartilage pellet in physeal injury is not affected by low intensity pulsed ultrasound.” J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater, 2011; 99:36-44.