Research Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Office: (852) 3763 6154
Address: Rm 904, 9/F, Li Ka Shing Medical Sciences Building, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Specialized Research Areas
- Etiopathogenesis of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Stem Cell Biology and Clinical Application
- Bone-Muscle Interaction
- Pharmacology of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- J Zhang, H Chen, RKK Leung, KW Choy, TP Lam, BKW Ng, Y Qiu, JQ Feng, JCY Cheng, WYW Lee*. “Aberrant miR-145-5p/beta-catenin signal impairs osteocyte function in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.” FASEB J, 2018; fj201800281.
- S Lin, L Cui, G Chen, J Huang, Y Yang, K Zou, Y Lai, X Wang, L Zou, T Wu, JCY Cheng, G Li, B Wei, WYW Lee*. “PLGA/β-TCP composite scaffold incorporating salvianolic acid B promotes bone fusion by angiogenesis and osteogenesis in a rat spinal fusion model.” Biomaterials, 2018.
- JM Li, WY Lee*, TY Wu, CW Leung, JB Xu, DS Wong, R Li, G Li, BZ Tang, LM Bian. “Detection of Matrix Metallopeptidase 13 for Monitoring Stem Cell Differentiation and Early Diagnosis of Osteoarthritis by Fluorescent Light-Up Probes with Aggregation-Induced Emission Characteristics.” Adv Biosyst, 2018; 2.
- Z Wang, H Chen, YE Yu, J Zhang, KY Cheuk, BKW Ng, Y Qiu, XE Guo, JCY Cheng, WYW Lee*. Unique local bone tissue characteristics in iliac crest bone biopsy from adolescent idiopathic scoliosis with several spinal deformity. Scientific Reports, (2017).
- WYW Lee*, B Wang. “Cartilage repair by mesenchymal stem cells: Clinical trial update and perspectives.” J Orthop Transl, 2017; 9:76-88.
- B Wang, WY Lee*, B Huang, J Zhang, T Wu, X Jiang, CC Wang, G Li. “Secretome of human fetal mesenchymal stem cell ameliorates replicative senescence.” Stem Cells and Development, 2016.
- JM Li, WYW Lee*, TY Wu, JB Xu, KY Zhang, DSH Wong, R Li, G Li, LM Bian. “Near-infrared light-triggered release of small molecules for controlled differentiation and long-term tracking of stem cells in vivo using upconversion nanoparticles.” Biomaterials, 2016; 110:1-10.
- WY Lee*, PP Lui, YF Rui. “Hypoxia-mediated efficient expansion of human tendon-derived stem cells in vitro.” Tissue Eng Part A, 2012; 18:484-498.
- WY Lee*, KW Liu, JH Yeung. “Reactive oxygen species-mediated kinase activation by dihydrotanshinone in tanshinones-induced apoptosis in HepG2 cells.” Cancer Lett, 2009; 285:46-57.
- WY Lee*, LC Chiu, JH Yeung. “Cytotoxicity of major tanshinones isolated from Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) on HepG2 cells in relation to glutathione perturbation.” Food Chem Toxicol, 2008; 46:328-338.