Division Head of Postgraduate Studies, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Office: (852) 3505 3071
Address: Rm. 74026, 5/F, Lui Che Woo Clinical Sciences Building, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
- Advanced Diagnosis, Prevention and Treatment of Bone Metabolic Disorders, especially Osteoporosis and Osteonecrosis, and Healing Enhancement of Musculoskeletal Injuries, in Collaboration with Research and Clinical Scientists in Medicine, Geriatrics, Rheumatologists, Traditional Medicine, and Biomaterials
- Musculoskeletal Imaging, especially in Bone Densitometry, Histomorphometry and Skeletal Biomechanics
Specialized Research Areas
- Musculoskeletal Disorders, including Osteoporosis, Osteonecrosis and Osteoarthritis
- Musculoskeletal Injury and Repair, including Fracture and Tendon-Bone Insertion Repair
- Qin L*, Genant HK, Griffith J, Leung KS (eds). “Advanced Bioimaging Technologies in Assessment of Quality of Bone and Scaffold Biomaterials.” Springer Verlag, 2007.
- Leung KS, Qin YX, Cheung WH, Qin L*. “A Practical Manual for Musculoskeletal Research.” World Scientific, 2008.
- 秦嶺（主編）*：骨內科學 人民衛生出版社,（Qin L*(Ed) “Orthopaedic Medicine (in Chinese).” Peoples’ Medical Publishing House, 2013
- Tong WX, Zeng YL, Chow HK, Yeung W, Xu JK, Deng YJ, Chen SH, Zhao H, Zhang XL, Ho KW, Qin L*, Mak KL. “Wnt16 attenuates osteoarthritis progression through a PCP/JNK-mTORC1-PTHrP cascade.” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 2019; 78:551-561.
- Feng Q, Xu JK, Zhang KY, Yao H, Zheng NY, Zheng LZ, Wang JL, Wei KC, Xiao XF, Qin L*, Bian LM. “Dynamic and cell-infiltratable hydrogels as injectable carrier of therapeutic cells and drugs for treating challenging bone defects.” ACS Central Science, 2019; 5:440-450.
- Huang L, Wang XL, Cao HJ, Li L, Chow HW, Tian L, Wu H, Zhang JY, Wang N, Zheng LZ, Yao XS, Yang ZJ, Qin L*. “A bone-targeting delivery system carrying osteogenic phytomolecule icaritin prevents osteoporosis in mice.” Biomaterials, 2018; 182:58-72.
- Wang JL, Wu YH, Li HF, Liu Y, Bai XL, Chau WH, Zheng YF, Qin L*. “Magnesium Alloy based Interference Screw Developed for ACL Reconstruction Attenuates Peri-Tunnel Bone Loss in Rabbits.” Biomaterials, 2018; 11;157:86-97.
- Wang J, Xu J, Song B, Chow DH, Shu-Hang Yung P, Qin L*. “Magnesium (Mg) based interference screws developed for promoting tendon graft incorporation in bone tunnel in rabbits.” Acta Biomaterialia, 2017; 63:393-410.
- Zhang Y, Xu J, Ruan YC, Yu MK, O’Laughlin M, Wise H, Chen D, Tian L, Shi D, Wang J, Chen S, Feng JQ, Chow DH, Xie X, Zheng L, Huang L, Huang S, Leung K, Lu N, Zhao L, Li H, Zhao D, Guo X, Chan K, Witte F, Chan HC, Zheng Y, Qin L*. “Implant-derived magnesium induces local neuronal production of CGRP to improve bone-fracture healing in rats.” Nature Medicine, 2016; 22(10):1160-1169.
- Zheng LZ, Cao HJ, Chen SH, Tang T, Fu WM, Huang L, Chow DH, Wang YX, Griffith JF, He W, Zhou H, Zhao DW, Zhang G, Wang XL, Qin L*. “Blockage of Src by Specific siRNA as a novel therapeutic strategy to prevent destructive repair in steroid-associated osteonecrosis in Rabbits.” J Bone Miner Res, 2015; 30(11):2044-57.