Associate Professor at the School of Life Sciences
Office: (852) 3943 1020
Address: Rm 607, Mong Man Wai Building, CUHK
- Embryonic stem cells and their cardiac derivatives:
- Mechanisms for maintaining the self-renewal and pluripotent characteristics of embryonic stem cells.
- Mechanisms controlling the cardiac differentiation of embryonic stem cells.
- Mechanisms of automaticity of embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes.
- Ion channels and cardiovascular physiology.
- Adult stem cells and cancer stem cells.
- Xu Y, So C, Lam HM, Fung MC, Tsang SY. “Apoptosis reversal promotes cancer stem-like cell formation.” Neoplasia, 2018; 20:295-303.
- Zhao R, Tsang SY. “Versatile roles of intracellularly located TRPV1 channel.” J Cell Physiol, 2017; 232:1957-65.
- Qi Z, Wong CK, Suen CH, Wang J, Long C, Sauer H, Yao XQ, Tsang SY. “TRPC3 regulates the automaticity of embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes.” Int J Cardiol, 2016; 203:169-81
- Lo IC, Chan HC, Qi Z, Ng KL, So C, Tsang SY. “TRPV3 channel negatively regulates cell cycle progression and safeguards the pluripotency of embryonic stem cells.” J Cell Physiol, 2016; 231:403-13.
- Qi Y, Qi Z, Li Z, Wong CK, So C, Lo IC, Huang Y, Yao XQ, Tsang SY. “Role of TRPV1 in the differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into cardiomyocytes.” PLoS One, 2015; 10(7):e0133211.
- Law SK, Leung CSL, Yau KL, Tse CL, Wong CK, Leung FP, Huang Y, Sauer H, Tsang SY. “Regulation of multiple transcription factors by reactive oxygen species and effects of pro-inflammatory cytokines released during myocardial infarction on cardiac differentiation of embryonic stem cells.” Int J of Cardiol, 2013; 168:3458-72.
- Yang C, Chen ZY, Wong SL, Liu J, Liang YT, Lau CW, Lee HK, Huang Y, Tsang SY. “Beta-sitosterol oxidation products attenuated vasorelaxation by increasing reactive oxygen species and cyclooxygenase-2.” Cardiovascular Res., 2012; 97:520-32.
- Wong CK, So WY, Law SK, Leung FP, Yau KL, Yao X, Huang Y, Li X, Tsang SY. “Estrogen controls embryonic stem cell proliferation via store-operated calcium entry & the nuclear factor of activated T-cells (NFAT).” J Cell Physiol, 2012; 227:2519-30. (this article was selected to appear in the highlighted section)
- Peng LH, Tsang SY, Tabata Y, Gao JQ. “Genetically-manipulated adult stem cells as therapeutic agents and gene delivery vehicle for wound repair and regeneration.” J Control Release, 2011, Epub ahead of print.
- Lau YT, Wong CK, Luo J, Leung LH, Tsang PF, Bian ZX, Tsang SY. “Effects of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channel blockers on the proliferation and cell cycle progression of embryonic stem cells.” Pflugers Archiv Eur J Physiol, 2011; 461(1):191-202.